Irrespective of whether you know marketing or public relations, taking the right strategies to get your business noticed is always tough. Even some of the world’s best PR professionals have had a hard time to market their brand as according to them, it just seems precocious to endorse yourself out there in the market. However, if you don’t market yourself, no one else will do that on your behalf. Here are some cost-effective ways in which you can market your brand in the market, apart from social media marketing and e-mail marketing.
- Recognize your audience: This point may seem to be a no-brainer but there are many small business firms that fail to recognize their audience as they simply don’t know whom to talk to. Once you realize ‘who’ you have to reach out to, you will only know ‘how’ you can do that.
- Reach out to the local media: Any of your audiences will invariably be the media. However, you can’t pitch each and every media channels in the same way. Television has got some different needs from radio and print and vice versa. Before you pitch, ask yourself whether your product solves the problem of the users, whether it’s a unique service or not.
- Social media marketing: There are tons of social media marketing channels but picking all of them will be a blunder. Experts will ask you to choose one or two social media channels that according to you will be beneficial. Make sure that your goal is to engage customers, don’t be afraid to ‘follow’ or ‘friend’ reporters as your ideas should always be to spark stories for them.
- Online directory listings: Make sure you claim your business in some of the famous online directories like Google Places, yahoo and Yelp. The Yellow Pages offers both paid and free listings. When you claim your business, you can respond when people have something good or bad to voice. You can even dispute the comment as well.
- Get a website of your own: It can be assumed that when you’re reading this article, you already have one but even if you have one, you have to ensure that you’re making the most of it.