It was in December 2010 that Google confirmed that social signals from Twitter and Facebook are used to determine search engine rankings, and still today Google reinstates the SEO-value of social signals. This clearly implies that there is crucial need for a powerful social media presence for all websites. It is indeed true that strong social signals are important in determining brand power, authority and credibility. In fact, they assist you in achieving all your marketing functions.
Here are the ways of creating engaging content on social media:
- Recognize your audience: When your website is trying to create an impact on the social networking sites through the social media services, you should know that your website’s content should cater to your largest audience segment. If you’re a luxury brand which relies on Instagram for most of its social signals, you will know that 80% of the Instagram population is female while 54% of Facebook population is female. So it is clear that Instagram would be a better option.
- Know the exact type of content: The perfect type of content is that which creates the highest engagement for you. By now you must have had an idea about which posts get the most likes, shares and comments. Henceforth, focus on creating such content to get the same appeal. Nowadays, infographics is the most engaging form of content that you will find on the social networking sites.
- Offer current information: It is true that being current is one of the easiest ways of engaging your audience. You may try creating content that is based on the recent events, news, innovations in your industry to join the conversation that is already current. You can use the power of hashtags on Twitter and Facebook if you want to be found easily.
- Enhance employee participation: Whenever there is employee participation, this will lend a voice to your brand and this is a key to forming a connection with your audience. You may ask people from within the brand to open semi-professional accounts on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Their job would be to hold conversations and engage people. Selling is not their job.
- Be regular: The more you are consistent in posting in the social networking sites, the more familiar will be your brand name. They will feel more communicated with you. The trick is to create high quality and valuable posts consistently.
We’re a leading digital marketing company in India and we offer high quality social media services at the most reasonable cost. To know more, you may check out our services.